June and July seemed to last for about ten minutes, didn’t they? Back-to-school plans are approaching and the family calendar is probably starting to fill up, but there is still plenty of summer left to enjoy! All sorts of fun events and activities are going on in Colorado Springs this August. Check these out.
- Every Friday in August, the library will host story time for kids ages 3-7. From 10:30-11:30 at the PPLD- Rockrimmon Branch, kids play with arts, crafts, and various textiles in addition to enjoying fun stories. This family event is free for all of your little bookworms.
- See where the early Colorado Springs pioneers searched for gold by taking the Cripple Creek & Victor Gold Mine Tour. Tours are still available on August 12th at 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. This event is designed to educate the whole family, all ages, about the mine’s history and about how town residents lived on a daily basis in the late 1800’s. No air conditioning? No cars? But! There was the promise of gold!
- The Cheyenne Zoo can “BEAR-ly” contain its excitement for Teddy Bear Day 2018. From 9-4 on August 18th, children ages 3-11 are invited to bring along their plush friend to the zoo. Professional staff will be on hand to give teddy a full medical check-up to make sure your furry friend is in tip top shape.
- The comic book lovers in your family can get ready for the Colorado Springs Comic Con! From August 24th – 26th, this event will feature the latest and greatest pop culture components in gaming, cosplay, movies, TV, and much more. Celebrities will be there, too!
- Although it’s not technically in August, don’t miss the spectacular Labor Day Lift Off from September 1-3 in Memorial Park. Watch the sky fill with creatively designed hot air balloons, and enjoy the daring feats of the Wings of Blue U.S. Air Force Skydiving Team. This family event includes plenty of food vendors, entertainment, outdoor sports and activities, and the chance to take a hot air balloon ride. Up, up, and away!
Summer’s not over yet! The days are still long, sometimes there is a break in the heat, and there’s plenty of fun to be had.
Meridian Ranch residents enjoy a close-knit community that values family life and the importance of the home. Get together in the Lodge at Stonebridge for games, family gatherings, a book club with friends, or to burn calories in the deluxe gym. Or join the community interest list and keep up to date on all the happenings, all the time!