Buying a home is a big decision, full of many different factors and variables that affect the whole family. One of the biggest considerations is the age of the home, which begs the question: Which is better to buy, a new home or an older resale home?
The Risks of a Resale Home
- Is character enough? American homes, particularly those in the mountain town of Colorado Springs, have a character all their own. Born of the pioneer spirit, they represent what the area used to be as well as what it has become. However, when considering the unique character and architecture of older resale homes, remember that restrictions may apply to many external upgrades, and that your family may not always want to be anchored to older—or outdated—aesthetics.
- Think age before beauty. The charm of older homes is often found in the details of architecture, the building materials, and the structural design of the exterior and interior. Remember, though, that these details must be maintained, renovated, and restored as they age.
- Manage your investment. A resale home, like any home, is an investment for your family. Before you buy, consider how much time and effort you want to put into it on a day to day basis. If your style is to be hands-on and in-the-weeds, an older home can become a beloved project. If you value convenience and state-of-the-art amenities, consider a new home.
The Benefits of a New Home
- Modernization. Perhaps the biggest benefit of a new home is its modernity: it offers the very latest and greatest in architecture, design, landscape, appliances, and much more. If you are lucky enough to be a part of the building process, you have many opportunities to personalize your home as well.
- A fresh start. There’s something to be said for a fresh start! After all, part of the American Dream that led the pioneers to Colorado in the first place was the promise of something new, of grand potential. A new home offers the same thing—an opportunity to make it yours.
- A lasting legacy. A new home, one that is well-constructed and made with quality materials, is ready to sustain your family in the future. All the things you love about your home today will stand the test of time, leaving you more free time to enjoy. After all, the point of having a home is so you can live!
Meridian Ranch offers the very best new homes in a master-planned community packed with amenities. Don’t believe us? Ask the residents! This exclusive neighborhood offers homes from eight of the top new home builders in Colorado Springs, local schools within walking distance, and endless opportunities for recreation.