Sometimes the biggest obstacle to eating healthy is finding good options when you’re on the go. These tips will keep you on track, and these options around Colorado Springs will support your New Year’s resolutions—even on hectic days!
Tips to stay healthy on the go
Remember these tips to keep you full of energy throughout the day:
- Pack foods that are nutrient-dense rather than processed. These will provide more bang for the buck and will keep you full much longer. Some nutrient-dense and portable foods include the following: bananas paired with peanut butter; carrots and hummus; and cheese and almonds.
- Water, water, water. Not only will water keep you hydrated during the winter season, but it will fill you up and help your body metabolize calories (which aids in weight loss). Keep that water bottle close!
- Start the day off right. You know what they say: breakfast is the most important meal of the day. In your haste to get out the door, don’t forget to pack this essential part.
Local places to support your goals
Check out these great options around Colorado Springs:
- Cafe Red Point offers the best power lunch in Colorado Springs. The menu offers a flavorful selection of salads, bowls, smoothies, and more. Drop in for a lunch meeting or call ahead for a quick pick up.
- Colorado’s only vegan drive-through, Santana’s Vegan Grill, is a great option on the go. Satisfy your burger fix, grab some chicken fingers and fries, or go all out with the classic hot dog!
- Satisfy your cravings without sabotaging your goals at The Ute & Yeti. Drop in for a bowl of Ramen, a tasty (we mean that!) lettuce wrap, a tofu & noodle bowl, or some tacos. You won’t regret it.
We hope these tips help you maintain your lifestyle. Here’s to a healthy and tasty 2019!