School’s out for summer! Here are some fun events for the whole family to check out in June. Colorado Springs has so much to offer.
- Meridian Ranch residents enjoy their own community event with Falcon Freedom Days on June 30th. Check out food and games while the kids make a beeline for the bounce house. Or, cheer on the parade and boogie to the live music as you mingle with your friends and neighbors. Be sure to stick around for the evening fireworks show!
- Instead of Yee-Haw, it’s Hee-Haw at Donkey Derby Days. This year will mark the 87th annual event, so head to downtown Cripple Creek to watch the race. It is believed that this local donkey herd descended directly from the herd that settled here during Colorado’s Gold Rush!
- The Angel Run 5k is on June 23rd and offers food, fun, and live music in addition to some exercise. Sponsored by the Springs Rescue Mission, this memorial event will benefit victims of domestic violence.
- Get outside and go for a Wildflower Walk on June 27th. This leisurely stroll lasts about an hour and a half and provides interesting education about local plantlife. What a great photograph opportunity as well!
- It just wouldn’t be summer without a baseball game. The Colorado Springs Sky Sox will battle it out with the Memphis Redbirds on June 25th. Go, Sox!
These are just a few of the fun events going on in Colorado Springs this June. Stay tuned for more in July!
Meridian Ranch residents can enjoy summer together: get to know your neighbors and take advantage of this family-oriented community. Hang out at the Meridian Ranch Rec Center and don’t forget to check out the many summer community events.