Do the words “I’m so busy” ever cross your lips? In today’s warp-speed world, this phrase is tossed around often. Why not take full advantage of Leap Day, the twenty-ninth day tacked onto the end of February every four years? Think of all you could accomplish with a bonus day . . .
On the other hand, perhaps it would be more satisfying to spend the day playing—or doing nothing at all! How will you spend your time on February 29? Here are some ideas to help maximize the day:
- Organize photos – Digital photos have a way of stacking up to an overwhelming degree. Face the problem head on, tackle one category/event at a time, and challenge yourself to keep only the best of the lot, ditching the rest.
- Clear clutter from your home or computer – We all have clutter, whether it be in bedroom closets, stashed away in a specially designated “junk” drawer, or on our hard drives. Take the time to clear out the clutter—doing so will leave you feeling lighter and accomplished.
- Empty your inbox – Free up some space in your inbox with a global search that makes the clear-out process a breeze.
- Sleep: You deserve some extra zzz’s every four years, don’t you agree? Sleep in, take a nap, or hit the sheets early—or all three!—and start March off with a sense of rejuvenation.
Flex Your . . .
- Design and build an indoor garden to beat the winter blues
- Attempt an intimidating recipe you’ve been putting off
- Jot down ideas for the novel you’ve been intending to write
- Add a splash of color to your living room by painting an accent wall
- Take a salsa class
- Play a board game with your family
- Get outside (or at least out of the house!)—go for a hike, shred some snow on the slopes, or bounce yourself silly at a trampoline park
- Write a letter (or email) and catch up with an old friend
- Host a dinner party (February 29 does fall on a Saturday, after all) and socialize the night away
- Call someone you’ve lost touch with, or start a Marco Polo thread with your bestie
However you choose to spend it, be sure to leverage your time this Leap Day on Saturday, February 29. And maybe even send a little thanks to Julius Caesar for adding this “catch-up” day to your calendar every four years.
With its convenient location and access to loads of neighborhood amenities, the master-planned community at Meridian Ranch is a hotbed for recreational activities. Spacious new homes, starting in the $300s, offer room to play and grow. Visit us today and learn firsthand why so many believe Meridian Ranch is the perfect place to call home.