Colorado Springs is booming! The city keeps growing as more and more people discover our previously well-kept secret. If you’re new to town, this is our list of top sights to see. We suspect that, like us, you’ll never want to leave.
The Great Outdoors
- Garden of the Gods is a must-see: an amazing place for the entire family to explore. Hike through the red rocks and enjoy a picnic lunch; drive through the park and stop for lunch, sweets, and souvenir shopping; or enjoy a walk (and picture taking!) with friends. There’s no shortage of beauty in this red rock paradise.
- Another local treasure is easily visible from anywhere in Colorado Springs: Pikes Peak, of course! As one of Colorado’s most accessible 14’ers, this mountain offers award-winning donuts as well. Enjoy the breathtaking view as you drive or ride a park bus to the top and look out over one of the state’s most thriving cities.
- Experience the charm and fresh air of a quintessential mountain town in Manitou Springs. In addition to endless hiking and exploring local history, you can soak in the natural springs. These mineral waters have restorative (and relaxing!) powers, perfect for a get-away with friends, or a romantic weekend.
- Home of the United States Olympic Committee, Colorado Springs offers the chance to visit all things uber athletic. Visit the U.S. Olympic Training Center to find out all about our nation’s training program, successes, training (at high altitude!) and much more. Hooked on figure skating? The World Figure Skating Museum & Hall of Fame serves as an international repository for figure skating paraphernalia and information about some of the world’s most elite athletes.
- Maybe this belongs in the Great Outdoors section, but the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo is well worth the trip. In addition to offering an amazing array of our furry friends, you can feed the giraffes! Make a connection with animals that will last a lifetime.
- Take a tour of Colorado Springs’ top restaurants with Rocky Mountain Food Tours. Enjoy all types of food, paired with excellent drinks, and make a list of even more places to enjoy. Enjoy downtown like a local!
These sights just barely scratch the surface of all the things there are to do and enjoy in Colorado Springs. The city offers such a fun array of restaurants, museums, landmarks, hiking trails, and outdoor adventures. There’s something for everyone, so get out there and have fun!
Meridian Ranch residents enjoy all the perks of Colorado Springs, in their own backyards. Our neighborhoods are just a quick drive away from all the shopping and dining, recreational fun, and golf that they could want.