Is there a place you’ve passed dozens (hundreds!) of times but never visited—perhaps a place people travel the world over to see? It happens to us all. It’s with this mindset we’d like to encourage you this season to explore your town as if you’re a tourist. What an exciting concept—one that’s sure to enrich your life and open your eyes to what makes your community so special.
Here are some hotspots near Meridian Ranch:
In Falcon: close to home
- Antler Creek Golf Course: It’s time to lace up your golf shoes and practice your swing. This public course is open year-round and is a centerpiece at Meridian Ranch.
- Falcon Regional Park: Colorado is known for its scenery and recreation . . . this park in the Meridian Ranch community has all that and more. The adjacent dog park and trail are a bonus!
- JAKs Brewing Company: Sometimes we Coloradans take for granted all the unique brews available . . . not everyone is so lucky to have such a plethora of choices! Featuring new hand-crafted beer releases, trivia fun, and food truck fare, JAKs is the spot to enjoy an authentic Colorado evening out.
- The Lodge at Stonebridge: Been dreaming of an all-inclusive retreat? Simulate the experience in your very own community. The within-walking-distance-yet-a-world-away Lodge at Stonebridge, open to residents of Stonebridge, has everything you need to relax, recharge, and connect: movie theater with reclining seats, pool table, air hockey table, kitchen, fitness room, and more.
Venture out: Greater Colorado Springs area
- Garden of the Gods: To say this National Natural Landmark is awe inspiring is an understatement. Tripadvisor ranked it the #2 attraction in the United States (and 9th in the world)! It’s no wonder why—a visit to walk among the stunning red rocks jutting from the earth is an absolute must. Feeling adventurous? Strap on a harness—rock climbing is permitted on these geological formations. Jeep, Segway, and e-bike tours are also a fun way to explore the park.
- Pikes Peak Cog Railway: In Colorado, we are all about our peaks—Fourteeners, specifically. Dubbed “America’s Mountain,” Pikes Peak is the most iconic. At 14,115 feet above sea level, this towering landmass is quintessentially Colorado Springs. You can drive a scenic highway to the top—or better yet, take a train! The Pikes Peak Cog Railway has been transporting passengers to the summit since 1891. This essential bucket list item is surely worth your time.
- US Air Force Academy: Prepare to be impressed! For this visit, start at the Visitors Center before continuing on to the campus’s iconic highlights such as Falcon Stadium, Cadet Chapel, and exhibit-studded Arnold Hall.
- Olympic Training Center: Go Team USA! Daily tours at this Colorado Springs gem give a behind-the-scenes look at where our country’s finest athletes prepare for game/race day.
- Cheyenne Mountain Zoo: When was the last time you fed a giraffe? Wow, are you in for a treat! This unique, natural habitat–inspired zoo built into the hillside is a can’t-miss attraction in the area—one for which you might consider springing for an annual pass!
Want to truly appreciate where you live? Be a tourist in your own town!
At Meridian Ranch, you can get away to it all. The premier master-planned community in Falcon, Colorado, Meridian Ranch is in proximity to outstanding recreational opportunities and amenities, convenient shopping and dining options, and world-ranked attractions. Visit us today and discover Meridian Ranch, an ideal community to call home. Move-in-ready homes available from the low $500s.